>From what I can gather, if you have bitmapData, there's 2 ways to
display it. By embedding it in a Bitmap; or by using beingBitmapFill
on a Shape (or anything that supports it).
Now I presume using a Bitmap is the recommended way, but is there
anything wrong or resource intensive with the other way. In context, I
want to use the Shape to mask a part of the bitmapData as opposed to
using a mask over a bitmap. Then moving the bitmapData inside using a
matrix.

So, any thoughts? Am I doing something incredibly wrong?

--
Random Lines 3D
My online portfolio