Sjm  I asked this question before and I got the answer as the following

If your item classes are card1, card2, card3 and so on, and your code
currently works...

AboutButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, gocard);
function gocard(e:MouseEvent):void {
///
var cardName:String = "card"+String(1 + uint(Math.random()*49));  //
49 is the number of clips you have

var cardClass:Object = getDefinitionByName(cardName) as Object
var newcard:* = new cardClass();
// replace the asterisk i used for the base class that all your cards
extend from
///

 this.addChild(newcard);
 newcard.x = 25;