You're probably right. Nevertheless, I think the spirit of the article has
been misunderstood. As I read it, it pointed out the need to have a
higher-level visual-style user interface to make simple things easier for
non programmers. Visual tools that can intuitively generate the AS 3 code
for adding simple behaviours and interactivity.  I'm a programmer myself and
I don't think I'd use these features, but I now many people I work with who
would love to have them available. It'd make their lives easier, without
compromising efficency or mantainability (we're talking about simple stuff
anyway). I believe the "charges" about button events, getURL and
loadMovie are a good example of this point.

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano