var test:XMLList = _siteXML..*.( re["test"]( attribute("name")));

[ and ] keeps compiler from warning when using the RegExp test() method

Pavel

On Jul 19, 2008, at 4:40 AM, Merrill, Jason wrote:

OK, I tried this out, but I get a compile-time error

"Warning: test is not a recognized method of the dynamic class RegExp."

The code I have is:

var re:RegExp = new RegExp("^" + searchInput.text);
var xmlListSearch:XMLList = _model.help.helpData.xml..*.topic.*.(
re.test(attribute("title")));
trace("searchResult: " + xmlListSearch.toXMLString());

(note,  _model.help.helpData.xml is the location of the loaded XML)

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Enterprise Technology & Global Risk L&LD
Instructional Technology & Media

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.