Ah, I know where the confusion came from, you said the code was based on
my example, but that was actually Wagner's example, where he put

var test:XML = <data>...etc.

(it was based on my example, but he used "test" as an instance of the
XML when requoting my original question) The use of "test" as the XML
name threw me, because it was mixed in with the regex method, "re.test"
- I never realized you meant "test" as the XML not test as some regex
method I wasn't aware of.  So when you wrote

>>var xmlListSearch:XMLList =
>>test..*.(re["test"](attribute("*")) || re["test"](child("*")));

You meant

var xmlListSearch:XMLList =  theXML..*.(re["test"](attribute("*")) ||
re["test"](child("*")));

Got it, I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Enterprise Technology & Global Risk L&LD
Instructional Technology & Media

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.