Wait, think I got it:

var re:RegExp = new RegExp(searchInput.text, "g,i");

var xmlListSearch:XMLList = testXML..*.( re["test"](
attribute("title")));

trace("result: "+xmlListSearch.toString());

seems to work for me.  Thanks eveyrone!

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Enterprise Technology & Global Risk L&LD
Instructional Technology & Media

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.