OK, I'm like 95% there, but there is still some kind of bug - here is
how to reproduce:

var testXML:XML = <data>
 <topics>
   <topic title="Coldplay's New Album, Viva La Vida Or Death And All His
Friends" />
   <topic title="The Dark Knight" />
   <topic title="Arrested Development, The Movie" />
   <topic title="Band Of Horses: Everything All The Time" />
   <topic title="Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World" />
   <topic title="The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over The Lazy Dog" />
   <topic title="Violet Hill" />
  </topics>
 </data>;

var re:RegExp = new RegExp("The", "g,i");

var xmlListSearch:XMLList = testXML..*.topic.( re["test"](
attribute("title")));

trace("result: "+xmlListSearch.toString());

If you search for the word, "the", as I do when I construct the regular
expression, you should get 5 nodes returned into the XMLList, but I only
get these four:

<topic title="The Dark Knight"/>
<topic title="Arrested Development, The Movie"/>
<topic title="Band Of Horses: Everything All The Time"/>
<topic title="Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World"/>

I don't get this node:

 <topic title="The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over The Lazy Dog" />

????? Any idea why?  Does it fail if there is more than one "the" in the
string?

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Enterprise Technology & Global Risk L&LD
Instructional Technology & Media

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.