I think if your Flex main source folder is the project root (just blank) and
not something like src or source, your .fla document class will be part of
the flex project classes... If the document class was at the root of the
main source folder, the document class would be considered an application
class by Flex, and Flex classes would be part of the "." classpath of the
.fla. This is kind of silly, but if all these assumptions hold true, it is
possible that there might have been a swc or name space conflict between
your Flex project source and the Flash CS3 core classes
"$(AppConfig)/ActionScript 3.0/Classes". Just a thought...