Hello,
Have you tried to place a text field off screen/stage and embed the font
family (each style needs to be embeded in it's own text field - bold, italic
etc) that you are trying to use. I remember there being some buggy-ness when
trying to embed in AS2 and that was one of the work arounds that I had to
use.

hth.
B.