Hi again Susan,

There are several ways, you can write your own Javascript or search google for an example].

Or, you can use SWFObject, and then rip out the version it finds in the externally loaded swfobject.js file:

deconcept.SWFObjectUtil.getPlayerVersion();

Or, you can load a flash SWF file, that reads the version:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14294

And then write/store that information manually via some ASP/PHP script on your server.

:)

Seb.

Lord, Susan, CTR, DSS wrote:
This is really cool, Glen! Thanks for the heads up on Flash Analytics. I
am going to implement this on my personal site!  Unfortunately, I am
with the gov't and we can't use the Google app on our site.  I wish we
could!

Does anyone know if there is a way to write something that runs with the
person first hits my internet home page... possibly an asp script that
will detect the version of flash and write it out to a log file?
Basically we want to create our own stats for our particular audience.
We don't want the coding embedded in a SWF, since there are no swf's on
our home page.

Any advice or references you have would be most helpful!
Thanks!

Susan