-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Rogers
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 10:27 AM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Textarea

Two suggestions:

1) It's a bit extreme but in the end I think it would work.  Use the
BitmapData Class to collect the image data, then use it to add
additional transparent pixels to the left or right making the total
width of the image the same width of your text field.  You then must
use something like the PNGEncoder class to save it as a PNG and save
it to a server using AMFPHP.  Make sure your .htmlText references this
file directory and file name. Tthe transparent pixels should push the
text below the image.

Here is the link to the PNGEncoder class:

http://www.5etdemi.com/blog/archives/2006/12/as3-png-encoder-faster-bett
er/

2) You could do all that but I would be more inclined to have the text
field and picture be separate and have textfield's .y and .height
properties adjust dynamically to the bitmap data of the dynamic image.