Check alignment and check how you are creating the text fields. This sounds like an issue with how you are placing and coding the text fields.

Benicio del Toro wrote:
hi,

I ve'got an input TextField. What I want to do is to reset the TF content
and put some prompt text inside, which I set using AS (e.g. 'your email'
prompt).

The problem:
If before resetting the TF, the text in it is longer than the TF width,
Flash doesn't put the prompt text where it is supposed to (left-aligned
inside the textfield), but further to the left outside of the TF. Actually
the offset is more or less equal to the diference between the previous text
length and the TF width.

In my real project the misplaced text is visible right away, and when I
tried to recreate the problem in a test .fla, it becomes visible after
resizing the test player window.
The text returns into the right place after clicking on the textfield (and
no, setting focus progammaticaly does not help).

Have you ever encountered such problem and know any solution?

Best,
Konrad