Hello good folks, I was wondering if the silence to this email was an indication that there is no workaround/solution?
:(

Thank you kindly,

Seb.

sebastian wrote:
Hello folks, quick question,

I have a scrolling menu here and in the current design it has 'bitmapCaching = true' for the entire menu so that it can fade at the edges as it scrolls off screen. The menu has in it dynamic text fields, buttons vectors and images per menu-item all loaded via a combination of XML and timeline defined visual elements in Flash made by my predecessor.

Only problem is, bitmapCaching=true means that the processor has real difficulty keeping up with animating the menu + all the BG animations that are present. The BG animations have to stay very fluid and not clunky. Once the menu stops tweening to its new locaiton, the BG animations resume smooth movement.

If I remove the mask it stays slow when the menu moves, but if I turn off bitmap caching, the menu moves fine and the BG animations do not slow down.

Is there any way to have a MC that has a mask assigned to it w/o using bitmap caching? Or, is there a way to use bitmapCaching w/o slowing down the whole sink with it?

Thanks!

Sebastian.