It's not to do with lack of rules, it's a fact of technology.

You are attempting to show someone a video = you are sending them data.

With that basic fact in place, there's nothing to stop them copying
that data. Even with the best DRM in the world, they could still
(potentially) grab a series of screenshots and re-encode. Or even
point a camera at the monitor. :-)

For the same reason, music DRM will never be enforceable. At the end
of the day, the music comes out to a speaker through two wires.
Connect them to the input of a recording device, and your DRM is
worthless...

Ian