* Ask your connections for connections on your city. You might be surprised
of them knowing some one in the area.
* Contact some one such Aquent. I was in the same position as you are and
they helped me to get in the door with some great agencies. For sure you
wont get the salary you might get on your own since they have to get paid
too but they pay on time and might lead you to new connections.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Joel Stransky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Yeah I'm already compiling a list of local agencies. I had a ton of
> connections in my last city but I'm new out here in D.C. Just wondering
> what
> other avenues there might be.
>
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 9:46 PM, dr.ache <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > you should contact agencies... those who are in online advertisement for
> > bigger
> > companies... these guys always have to few people to do all the work.
> > try to get on their freelancer list and work hard - so they can see you
> can
> > do their
> > work in a short time.... then it should not be a problem to get work on a
> > regular
> > basis... but do not stick with only one company. instead of show up at
> > maybe three...
> >
> > Joel Stransky schrieb:
> >
> >  A bit off topic plus I don't know where to search recent flashcoders
> >> archives.
> >> I've been living off of freelance work for more than a year now but
> lately
> >> it's getting difficult to drum up contracts. I figured I'd hit up the
> pros
> >> to see how you guys are finding work.
> >> Do you have a favorite job listing site? Fond of craigslist? Spending a
> >> lot
> >> on advertising?
> >> I really need to get more work on a steady basis. Thanks for any input.

> --
> --Joel Stransky
> stranskydesign.com

...helmut