Thanks all.....

-----Original Message-----
From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Muzak
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 12:38 AM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Custom eventListener

You might wanna read the docs for some basics on Events in AS3:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/main/00000138.html
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/main/00000139.html

When writing cusom events, you can usually ommit the bubbles and
cancellable arguments, as those are false by default.

And you should always implement a clone() method:

<quote>
Event class utility methods

There are two utility methods in the Event class. The clone() method
allows you to create copies of an event object. The toString()
method allows you to generate a string representation of the properties
of an event object along with their values. Both of these
methods are used internally by the event model system, but are exposed
to developers for general use.

For advanced developers creating subclasses of the Event class, you must
override and implement versions of both utility methods to
ensure that the event subclass will work properly.
</quote>

AFAIK, the toString() method is only useful for debugging purposes
(trace).