You need to have a server to connect to, and, from what I know (only what I have read), is that adobe purposefully decided to block this and other media related capabilities. they don't want us creating streaming server capability that avoids the use of their com server.

if you want these features... everyone is going to have to bug them...

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Nate Beck wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-Java-Kathy-Sierra/dp/0596009208
Enjoy!