I used c# years ago very briefly... and I just realized that actionscript has a resemblance... I might want to start looking into .net again

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dottys/SocketProgDTRP11222005023030AM/SocketProgDTRP.aspx

the above is a nifty barebones tutorial to get you started. I understood it in seconds; yet, it will take you less time since you are practised with the language.

Anthony Pace wrote:
SQLite won't connect to another computer on the lan though...

Since you know c#, just replace where it says java with c# that is somewhat similar; however, I do completely understand this is sometimes easier said than done.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=simple+socket+server+in+c%23&btnG=Search&meta=

Nate Beck wrote:
Good to hear Omar! I hate nagging bosses.