From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Paul Andrews
Sent: zondag 25 januari 2009 15:54
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Adding a property to an AS3-component

The array is just handling objects, so you lose the protection that having
known classes gives you.

There are occassions when having dynamic classes is essential, but they must

be rare. I think too many developers just try and emulate the bad habits of
AS1 and AS2 to get around learning the good habits of AS3 ( explicit
classes, inheritance, etc.).

Dynamically adding attributes like this makes you open to runtime failure,
something that extending classes helps to protect you from.

I know - I get tempted by the dark side myself..

Paul