----- Original Message ----- From: "Weyert de Boer" <w...@innerfuse.biz>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:12 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] > Frame-based tween solution

Hello,

I am currently working on a job where I need to convert a timeline-based animation to ActionScript only. The project is for Flash Lite 2.1 meaning ActionScript 2. I am currently using TweenLite for tween animations which seems to work fine. Only I am having a question regarding the timeline animation and how to get it converted to runtime tweens. As you might know TweenLite supports specifying a delay, the amount of time to wait, before the tween starts. The animation has a few fadeins of items in the following manner:

   Element 1: start
   Element 2 and 3: after 3 frames
   Element 4: after 6 frames (from start)

Anyone know a good way to do this using some tween class? My first trials of using 1/30 * 3=0.09s as a delay wasn't successful.

That's a bit vague. In which way wasn't it successful?

Presumably you're getting rid of the timeline animation to try and save a few K.

Paul

Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Weyert de Boer