In Flex Builder, you can go into the "Flex Navigator" window (the
tree-layout project-contents window), select a directory (like .svn),
right-click it, choose "properties" from the resulting menu, then check the
box which says "derived".  Once you do that, I believe it will recognize
that files in the directory and below are not source.

I don't know for sure that this will solve your particular problem, but it
works for me to keep unwanted stuff out of the "Open Resource" dialog (bound
to C-x C-f with Emacs keybindings, I don't know how to get to it otherwise.
:-)  I expect it will keep that stuff out of autocomplete and other code
hinting.

Downside is that there's no way to give Flex Builder a pattern to apply
across your whole project tree, you have to manually go through the tree and
click it for each directory you want to mark.

Dave