Well...
Let consider an example.
- I have 10 Inspectable parameters which user can modify in Component inspector
- I need all of them to start  the component
- There are default values for each, of course.

So, with use of commitProperties(), I have to create
- 10 conditions in my commitProperties() function to check all vars
- 10 flags xxxChanged

While I agree that it looks more like "best practice" example (and
will probable use it), there is some unpleasant feeling that that's
too many code/variables just to call simple setters...
Again, thanks for pointing to this way.

On 2/19/09, Muzak <p.ginnebe...@telenet.be> wrote:

> [...]

Best regards,
 GregoryN