Yes, that class is only for AIR. Adding rendering of HTML content using
Webkit engine was one of the 3 or 4 most significant features introduced by
AIR.

In the docs, AIR only classes usually have the little red pinwheel icon next
to them.
-jonathan

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Lehr, Theodore M (N-SGIS) <
theodore.m.l...@lmco.com> wrote:

> I'm having a funny issue with HTMLLoader.  I'm getting a "1046: Type was
> not found or was not a compile-time constant: HTMLLoader." Error for the
> line of code below.
>
> public var _htmlLoader:HTMLLoader = new HTMLLoader();
>
> I'm importing HTMLLoader and URLLoader.  The odd part to me is the code
> I am using to create a simple browser window works perfectly for an AIR
> application, but when I try it in a Flash program I get the error.  Is
> HTMLLoader only for AIR?

-jonathan howe