From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Juan Pablo
Califano
Sent: zondag 1 maart 2009 13:53
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] InputTextField issue

Hi,

I'm almost certain that tabIndex is 1-based not 0-based, so it should be:

txtName.tabIndex = 1;
txtEmail.tabIndex = 2;
txtAddress.tabIndex = 3;
txtCity.tabIndex = 4;

Also, Cor, when testing inside the IDE, you should check "disable keyboard
shortchuts" in the control menu; otherwise, the IDE will trap the many of
the key presses.

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano

2009/2/28, Gerry <noentour...@gmail.com>:

> You can look up focus (stage.focus = txtName; ), that will allow you to
set
> which textfield has focus and for tabbing use
> tabIndex like this.
>
> txtName.tabIndex = 0;
> txtEmail.tabIndex = 1;
> txtAddress.tabIndex = 2;
> txtCity.tabIndex = 3;
>

> -Gerry
>
> On Feb 28, 2009, at 3:19 AM, Cor wrote:
>
> Hi Keith,
>>
>> I think I have put it wrong in my question.
>> When running in the IDE is discards several, like: q,e,r,t,  but the w is
>> accepted.
>> When I run in in html it accepts nothing.
>>
>> But in both cases when I first click the textfield the give it the focus
>> it
>> works as expected.
>>
>> So my problem really is: How to give the textfield the focus on start?
>> And additional when I have a second textfield, how can I make is change
>> from
>> one to the other using the TAB key?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Cor