Try
+my_Date.getUTCSeconds().toString()

Sent from losPhone

On Apr 2, 2009, at 2:19 AM, "Paul Steven" <paul_ste...@btinternet.com> wrote:

Is there a property or function to detect if a Flash movie is being tested
in authoring mode or live on the web?

Basically I have added a random variable to my xml file when loading it to
prevent caching.

The following works in both authoring and when live

myXML.load("xml/homeFlashContent.xml");

Whereas the following including the cache busting code doesn't work when
tested within Flash IDE.

my_Date = new Date();

myXML.load("xml/homeFlashContent.xml?"+my_Date.getUTCSeconds());

I would therefore like to have an if statement something like

If (boolAuthoringMode == true) {

   myXML.load("xml/homeFlashContent.xml");

} else {

   myXML.load("xml/homeFlashContent.xml?"+my_Date.getUTCSeconds());

}

If there are any better solutions please let me know.

Thanks

Paul