If you're using Loader to load images, both w&h of the image itself
and that of the Loader should be the same.
Sometime however, I do like taking out the data if I'm going to play
with it at bitmapData level.

Bitmap(loader.content).bitmapData

If you get the w&h of the resulting bitmap data, that's the images
actual dimensions.

If you're loading an SWF however, I think contentLoaderInfo contains
the nominated width, height, framerate etc. All of which can change
anyway.

Ashim

The Random Lines
My online portfolio