I was referring to the ide; yet, even the flashplayer has the the same printing bugs

-screenshots are out of the question; as I usually am printing very large files -I have already tried printing directly to a PDF print server, from the flash IDE; however, the effects I place on MCs don't seem to stay. -I would use illustrator; yet, it just doesn't have a lot of flash's capabilities, and vise versa when doing extrusions for illustration or using livepaint. I know I can export the paths to illustrator; yet, the effects don't transfer well, if at all, and I am not a fan of the poor quality of some of the illustrator effects. -I know that I could convert the movie clip to a bitmap in as3 and then either convert it to a pdf or png/jpg using a decent library, or printing it as a converted bitmap to a pdf server(as long as the pixel count is less than 16,775,168, a problem when converting to posters that need a bare minimum quality of 300 dpi at 27" x 41" or 99,630,000 pixels), and it will be the direction I am going in; however, I really shouldn't have to program this myself, as it should already be a capability of the ide, along with better integration with photoshop and illustrator and much much better file conversion.

Printing from the flash IDE or a much better form of integration with illustrator and photoshop would be best.

Glen Pike wrote:
Hi,

   I am assuming you are talking about the IDE?

   Are you doing screenshots for the client?
It might not be helpful, but I just do Test Movie then Alt+Print Screen or Ctrl+Print Screen and paste into my graphics program...

Alternatively look at CutePDF or one of the "free" PDF printers that might help.

Printing from SWF's with the FP Printer - you can draw into a bitmap first, then print the MC with that in - this means all your filters & fonts should have been rasterised.

   HTH - might have misunderstood your request...

   Glen

Anthony Pace wrote:
I would print directly to pdf; yet, I lose the effects I have placed on MCs; as well, saving it to illustrator directly is a problem, because flash will screw up the file header when a custom font that I use is required.

Thus, because flash doesn't have a decent printer driver, and its file conversion methods suck, my current process is:

I create an swf of the dimensions I want in inches (e.g. 8.5 x 11)
I convert to png and choose a DPI of something like 300 to indicate high resolution, and I select 24 bit, with no alpha channel, in order to avoid the ARGB conversion that is screwed for flash. I open that png and I open something like photoshop/illustrator that allows you to convert to a pdf.

Is there a better way?