From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Glen
Pike
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:21 AM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Parsing HTML tags within flash from an XHTML
file?

Hi,

   This article written by Steven looks just like what you are looking
for...

   http://www.stevensacks.net/2008/07/02/parsing-xhtml-with-e4x-in-as3/

    To keep your formatting, you can use css - the TextField in Flash
supports a subset of css that allows you to apply bold, colours and link

formatting...

    Not sure if you are searching for EX4 or E4X!

    HTH

    Glen

Jonathan Wing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this group, so forgive me if I'm going about asking this
the
> wrong way. Is there a practical way to search old questions?
>

> Anyway, I'm using the Gaia Framework and I'm trying to parse basic
tags
> such as <h1> and <a> in flash via an XHTML file. Steven over at the
Gaia
> forum suggests I make use of EX4, but I've spent two days searching
> google and reading up on it and I'm honestly confused where to start.
>

> To show you what I mean, view the source on this page Steven created:
> http://stevensacks.net/clients/hello/press.html#/agency/press
>

> Note how those columns are set using HTML tags, and pulled into flash
> from that XHTML file. How do I maintain the formatting such as bold
and
> also the links, just the way he has done (strictly in terms of
> functionality)? Thank you!
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan Wing
> Graphic Designer
> Cram Crew, Inc.
> mobile: (713) 298-2738
> office: (713) 464-CRAM (2726)
> email: jw...@cramcrew.com <mailto:jw...@cramcrew.com>
> www.cramcrew.com <http://www.cramcrew.com/>
>

> "One Student At A Time"

to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary,
business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any
material from any computer. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views
of the company.

it is addressed and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer. Any views expressed in this message are those