This is probably a silly question, but I've searched google and can't
seem to find the right answer, which is strange as this is seems to be a
common thing on pages.

Basically, I have a footer that is fixed to the bottom of a page and for
the width of a page, so that no matter what size a user sets a window
for, it will always fix to the bottom. This is what I have so far (using
AS3):

In my .fla, I have a long gray bar with the instance name "footer".

Then, over in my .as file, I have the following:

import flash.display.*;

footer.y = stage.stageHeight - footer.height;

stage.addEventListener(Event.RESIZE, resizeHandler);

public function resizeHandler(e:Event):void {

footer.y = stage.stageHeight - footer.height;

footer.width = stage.stageWidth;

 }

All of this works without a hitch. However, my problem arises when I
want to add text. If I add text in its own mc, then it won't adjust with
the page. If I add text inside the footer mc, it will stretch with the
width of the page when I resize. So then I thought maybe I could make
them two mc's embedded in one main mc, and only define the width for the
bar. That is, something like:

footer.y = stage.stageHeight - footer.height;

footer_bar.width = stage.stageWidth;

With "footer" as the main mc, and "footer_bar" as the long gray bar
embedded inside.

However, this results in a mess of errors.

Any ideas? This seems so common, I'm surprised I can't find anything via
Google.

Thanks,

Jonathan Wing
Graphic Designer
Cram Crew, Inc.
mobile: (713) 298-2738
office: (713) 464-CRAM (2726)
email: jw...@cramcrew.com <mailto:jw...@cramcrew.com>
www.cramcrew.com <http://www.cramcrew.com/>

"One Student At A Time"

it is addressed and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the
company.