Using Gaia, I am trying to load content within flash from an XHTML file,
and have the text flow from a <p> into two columns. This is what I have
so far (AS3):

In the .fla file, I have two columns set as dynamic text, with the
instance names column1 and column2, respectively.

In the corresponding .as file, here is my code, including only the
relevant portions:

package pages
{
        import flash.display.*;
        import flash.events.*;
        import flash.text.*;
        import flash.external.*;
        import flash.xml.*;

        public class AboutPage extends AbstractPage
        {

               public var column1:TextField;
               public var column2:TextField;

               public function AboutPage()
               {
                       super();
                       alpha = 0;
               }
               override public function transitionIn():void
               {
                       super.transitionIn();

                       var value:XML = XMLList(copy.innerHTML)[0];
                       var body:XML = value.div.(@id == "body")[0];
                       var i:int = 1;

                       column1.htmlText = body.p;
                       addChild(column1);
                       if (body.length() > 13) {
                               column2.htmlText = column1.htmlText;

                               for(i=0; i<column1.bottomScrollV; i++) {
                                      column2.htmlText += "<br />";
                               }
                               column2.scrollV = column1.bottomScrollV +
1;
                               addChild(column2);
                       }

                       TweenLite.to(this, 0.1, {alpha:1,
onComplete:transitionInComplete});
               }

So far, the text is indeed loading fine into column1, but then that's
it. The remainder of the content disappears, and does not load into
column2. I took some of Steven's suggestions and looked around Google,
but I still cannot get it to work. Does anyone else have any advice?

Thanks,

Jonathan Wing
Graphic Designer
Cram Crew, Inc.
mobile: (713) 298-2738
office: (713) 464-CRAM (2726)
email: jw...@cramcrew.com <mailto:jw...@cramcrew.com>
www.cramcrew.com <http://www.cramcrew.com/>

"One Student At A Time"

it is addressed and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
are hereby notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination,
distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the
company.