Hi Glen, the problem is not the creation of the window(which is movie clip exported to actionscript), is to removing then in a function.
Regards,
Gustavo
On Jun 3, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Glen Pike wrote:

function click(e:MouseEvent):void{var newWindow:AboutUsWindow = new AboutUsWindow()://??addChild(newWindow)}Gustavo Duenas wrote:

Hi Matt I did as you sent me, but something wrong happened this is the warning flash gave me:1120: Access of undefined property contactWindow.and so on with the other parts of the code , code is:function removerChild():void{ if(stage.contains (contactWindow)){ stage.removeChild(contactWindow); } else if(stage.contains(productGeneral)) { stage.removeChild(productGeneral); }else if (stage.contains(productWindow)){ stage.removeChild (productWindow); }else if(stage.contains(aboutWindow)) { stage.removeChild(aboutWindow); }else if (stage.contains(ecuacocoaWindow)){ stage.removeChild (ecuacocoaWindow); }else if(stage.contains(suppWindow)) { stage.removeChild(suppWindow); }else if (stage.contains(eWindow)){ stage.removeChild (eWindow); }else if(stage.contains(proWindow)) { stage.removeChild (proWindow); } }T his is added to the click event of my buttons.The click is a function that creates an object based on an object that is export for actionscriptlike:function click(e:MouseEvent):void{var newWindow:AboutUsWindow = new AboutUsWindow():}see? is the regular way, problem is when I run the code above to try to get rid of those windows, but they are not still on stage..thatwas the reason? or I miss something else.Regards,gustavoOn Jun 2, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Matt Gitchell wrote:

The container would be the stage in that instance, yes. I used it becauseStage extends DisplayObjectContainer, and you could use that chunk of codefor any DisplayObjectContainer (MovieClip, Sprite) as well.I should also mention that we're talking AS3.-- MattOn Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Gustavo Duenas LRS <gdue...@leftandrightsolutions.com> wrote:

in this case what is container? is stage.?like thisif (stage.contains(contactWindow)){stage.removeChild (contactWindow);}is like this, if not please explain me what this container is about.GustavoOn Jun 2, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Matt Gitchell wrote: if (container.contains(itemToRemove)){

container.removeChild(itemToRemove);};On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Gustavo Duenas LRS <gdue...@leftandrightsolutions.com> wrote: Hi I have movie clips, that are created one I click a button, I'd like to

know how couldI remove then, something to put in the buttons, problem is when I try toremovethe movieclip from the stage(I put the orders en every single button Ihavethere), it says that is not created yet, there is a way to know when themovie clip is on there and if this is therejust remove it.Like if (stage.movieclipName=true){removeChild(movieClipName);}there is a way like this or something else around.Regards,Gustavo Duenas_______________________________________________Flashcoders mailing listflashcod...@chattyfig.figleaf.comhttp:// chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders _______________________________________________