Hi Rajiv,

Take a close look at the SharedObject, this is basicaaly a Flash cookie written on the users side and you can read it out when ever you need.

Hope this helps,

Sid

On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Rajiv Seth (Pixeldust) wrote:

Hi,

I need to create a simple flash audio player with play, pause (and/ or volume
control). It will be added to a web page.

Now the problem is if a user pauses the player, I need to retain its paused state between web pages untill he decides to play it again. And if he plays it and navigates to some other page using simple anchor (non flash), then
audio should automatically play untill he pauses it.

My idea is to store play/pause state in some variable (or XML), so that
state can be maintained. BUT I do not know how to do it.
CAN ANYONE HELP?

Rajiv

Sidney de Koning - be a geek, in rockstar style!
Flash / AIR Developer @ www.funky-monkey.nl
Technical Writer @ www.insideria.com