Hi Eric,

are you using as2 or as3?

The basic solution is to look at the url of the loading swf, and make your
paths relative to that.
If you make it a little more complex (but usually some splitting and joining
will be enough) you can use something like this:
http://objectpainters.com/blog/2007/01/03/where-am-i-relative-paths/

but it's as2.
I have an as3 version as well if you need it.

greetz
JC