As promised here are some links to do with Drupal / Wordpress & Flash:

http://www.travistidwell.com/drupal_flash_interface - not the best way to go about it...

http://www.cascadingstyle.net/files/presentations/DrupalConPresentation.pdf

http://drupal.org/node/134877

http://drupal.org/node/118136 - this is a useful one!

Wordpress:

http://www.5etdemi.com/blog/archives/2005/04/building-a-flash-front-end-for-wordpress-1-logging-into-the-admin-area/

http://klr20mg.com/2007/01/29/awi-amfphp-wordpress-integration/

http://code.google.com/p/awi/

Hope these are useful for some people - these bookmarks are up-to a year old (articles may be older, don't know).

Lots of people seem to be talking about using Zend + AMF, but as this is a big learning curve and I have not got the time, I don't know about it. Bit disappointing that Code Igniter never seemed to include something - even though it's big brother Expression Engine does - if anyone knows whether this works or not, then that would be nice.

I guess the CMS depends on the job - a lot of companies tend to roll their own, Group 94's was a particularly sexy, but simple example.

Glen

Glen Pike wrote:
Hi,

Here is one possible place to start - many of the systems use AMFPHP for sending data backwards and forwards

   http://www.amfphp.org/frameworks.html

Drupal does have XMLRPC webservices along with Wordpress (Wordpress' lets you do some blogging with this, but it is minimal) - I will have a look for my links when I get home. Don't know about Joomla, but search for AMFPHP with Joomla, problem is if you use XML+Joomla you are likely to get back loads of <tables> because it's a bit behind the times :)

   Glen

jared stanley wrote:
on that note, does anyone have any good resources for using
drupal/wp/joomla one of the bigger solutions to do this kind of thing?

whenever i search flash cms wordpress or whatver i always get articles
about how to add flash content to the site template, not about how to
update/edit xml content....