Can you set the value of the textBox to a variable in the first state and specify while tweening or any other function that the textBox = thatVariable while performing? Might work. That way, while tweening or other, your specifying that the text is the same and loaded. If it was an animation sequence, I would say put the textBox = thatVariable; code on the "play" frames between tween key frames for e.g..
JAT

Karl

On Jul 9, 2009, at 4:44 PM, Barry Hannah wrote:

I have a similar issue, runtime created Textfields in a scrolling list. If the mouse is within the bounds of the list and I use the scrollwheel
to scroll, when the text goes under the cursor it vanishes. I've tried
cache as bitmap, didn't work.

Any ideas to overcome this annoying little bit of Flash voodoo?

-----Original Message-----
From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Joel
Stransky
Sent: Friday, 10 July 2009 9:37 a.m.
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: [Flashcoders] styled text disappears when clicked or animated

I have an entire site full of runtime created TextFields. Some are
styled
with Stylesheet objects, others with TextFormat objects. That all works
fine
but when it comes time to script some tweens on them or their display
parents, the text disappears!
Running the .swf by itself locally tends to work just fine but as soon
as a
browser displays it... poof, gone. I haven't done much testing with and
without formatting/styling/embeded fonts since going without is pretty
much
out of the question.

Anyone know the wicked little trick I know exists out there somewhere? I
just want to finish this bad boy and get some sleep. :)

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com