:Void is AS2, and :void is AS3

The definition of void is "nothingness: the state of nonexistence"...

The syntax of functionName():void{} simply states that the function returns
nothing... i.e. there is no return at the end of the function.

Although specifying a :void return type is not necessary in AS3, it is
considered best practice to include it. I believe it will generate warnings
if you don't.

In AS2, it really doesn't matter if you do :Void after functions.

The reason this syntax exists is to make it easy for compilers to easily
identify problems in regards to object types, i.e. if you're trying to use
the return value of a function as a MovieClip when it should really be an
Array, or void. It also makes it easier for you to see what type of value
the function is returning just by looking at the top of the function
definition.

- Taka