Let's say I wanted to do something like this...

trace("Taka " + getLastName("Taka"));

function getLastName(firstName:String):String{
if(firstName == "Taka"){return "Kojima";}
else{return "";}
}

That function returns a String. Having a gotoAndPlay() inside a function is
not a return value.

Hope that helps.

 -Taka