You could do worse than take a look at the sources for both MTASC and haXe.

MTASC is a compiler for AS2.
http://mtasc.org/

haXe is a compiler for... uh... haXe. But haXe is a very AS3-like
language (it has its roots in AS).
http://haxe.org/

Both are written by Nicolas Cannasse.

Both are written in the functional programming language OCAML and are
lightning fast. A lot of people swear by functional languages for
compiler-writing these days; BNF-style rule-based parsing maps on to
functional languages much more naturally than on to OOP/procedural
languages.

HTH,
   Ian