I would really suggest looking into it as it has streamlined a bunch
of my previous workflow. I use PureMVC ( with the fabrication utility
) a lot at work and really enjoy it. As with any framework that you
use, it might not fit every specific project need, but generally it's
been great.

As far as the conversation about commands, my experience ( in relation
to PureMVC ) is that a command should send out a notification to the
mediator ( the view ) to respond to. Then the mediator , which listens
to this notification, acts upon it. This decouples your commands from
your view and multiple views can respond to the same notification.