Anyone have a technique for centering a TextField vertically
(accurately)? other than converting to bitmap...
I can get the textHeight, but I don't know how to get the amount of
empty space between the top of the TextField and the actual text. This
varies with font, style, etc, and of course the characters in the
text. Looked at TextLineMetrics, afaict, it does not give a value for
the distance from the top of the field to the top of the text, and I
suppose I might be able to use getCharBoundaries, but then I'd have to
combine the results from all the characters, which seems a bit over
the top... also, must be Flash 9

Regards,
Hudson