Hey Karl,

Thank you for the suggestion - you've helped me get to the bottom of this.
Although stopAllSounds() is AS2, that was enough of a breadcrumb to find the
AS3 equivalent:

// make sure you import this class:
   import flash.media.SoundMixer;
// triggered in the out transition
    SoundMixer.stopAll();

I'm sure there's a more elegant way to do this, but it works. Issue solved,
thank you!

Best Regards,
Sam