Er, doesn't Flash Media Server do exactly what you want to do? I recommend
Influxis hosting, pretty cheap FMS hosting and they're super developer
friendly.

You have to learn a bit of arcane server-side actionscript. It's
actionscript 1, yurrk, with a weird API for manipulating sockets and server
stuff, but it's fine once you get your head around it.

hah just realised this was posted months ago. how helpful of me!