CS4 panels are a bloody mess. My personal bugbear is the library and
property panels getting in each others' way. You have to click on both
before you can get the one you want to see in front of the other.

I recommend FlashDevelop for coding too. You'll *never* go back to the
actions panel.

Or get a second screen and throw all your misbehaving panels into that.