From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Don
Schnell - TFE
Sent: Friday, 25 September 2009 1:07 PM
To: William Chadwick
Cc: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Flash Cache in IE & FF

Thanks William, I am not sure why there was no text in my original post
but my issue is how to prevent data from being cached in IE & Firefox.
My SWFs load in data from a flat text file and I tried using the
following No-Cache settings before the head but they don't seem to
prevent this issue.

// prevent browser cache
header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");

William Chadwick wrote:
> Not sure what you want, as there is no text in your message.
>
> But if you want to know about how SharedObject's work, here you go.
> Local SharedObjects (AKA 'Flash Cookies') are stored in the following
> path in a directory with a random name:
> C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash
> Player\#SharedObjects
>
> There are some really clear articles on them on Adobe's devnet.
>
> William Chadwick
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Don Schnell - TFE
> <dschn...@toolsforeducation.com
> <mailto:dschn...@toolsforeducation.com>> wrote:

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review,
use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all
copies of this message.