From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Andrew
Sinning
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 5:48 PM
To: Flash Coders
Subject: [Flashcoders] DataGrid not updating after DataProvider item
changes

Publishing for F9 with AS3, using Flash not Flex.

I have a simple DataGrid.  I've added 9 items to its DataProvider.  They

are simple objects of a type "Candidates" that doesn't extend any other
class.

I have columns for 4 public properties of Candidate:  name, voteUnits,
percentVote and rank.  The initial value all show up in the DataGrid as
expected.

After changing several values in any of the items, there is no change
registered in the DataGrid.

Do I need to send an event from the object to the DataProvider?

Everything in Flash is always passed by reference, right?

Thanks!