Well for what you were describing, try exporting your flash file with and without flash detection. Try and print from each type of html page and see if that is what does it. I know that when exporting with flash detection, it sets an embed code for non-script browsers.
My thought is that this will enable you to print with the flash showing.
The other just uses the AC_RunActiveContent to display the flash content and if you have a non-script browser, the flash is blank. The print dialog may be acting the same as a non-script browser. This may be what your running into.
HTH

Karl