Hi Michael,

When you do b.addEventListener - you're listening for events in "b", not
in "c".  You should not, architecturally speaking, have "b" listen to
"c" at all - that's called tight coupling, which is bad.  You should
instead do loose coupling, which would have your singleton class "a"
listen for events in "c", then when they are heard, tell "b" to do
something. Have a public function in "b" that "a" calls when it hears it
in "c" (via in class "A", you simply code up a c.addEventListener with
the handler, which calls public function in "b").  Make sense?

Bubbling is only up the display hierarchy chain, so in order for that,
"B" and "C" would have to both be extensions of DisplayObject (like a
Sprite) and "b" would have to be a parent of "c".  I don't know what
you're doing in your app, so hard to know if one should be a parent of
the other or not.  So better to do the loose coupling thing I outlined
above.

Jason Merrill

 Bank of  America  Global Learning
Learning & Performance Soluions

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
Instructional Technology Design Blog
(note: these are for Bank of America employees only)