I agree that Colin's book Essential ActionScript
3.0<http://books.google.com/books?id=gUHX2fcLKxYC&lpg=PP1&dq=actionscript%203.0%20design%20patterns%20object%20oriented%20programming%20techniques&pg=PP14#v=onepage&q=&f=false>is
a must have for any AS3 programmer.

If you are looking to get deeper into OOP and how objects can interact with
one another, then I would look at design patterns.

Some book suggestions...

ActionScript 3.0 Design Patterns: OOP
Techniques<http://books.google.com/books?id=lgk0Q7pMmLYC&lpg=PA1&dq=actionscript%203.0%20design%20patterns%20object%20oriented%20programming%20techniques&pg=PA1#v=onepage&q=&f=false>

ActionScript 3.0 with Design
Patterns<http://books.google.com/books?id=DT7INNE3ui8C&lpg=PP1&dq=actionscript%203.0%20design%20patterns&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=actionscript%203.0%20design%20patterns&f=false>

There are other books on the topic, but I have not read them and can not
vouch for their content.  The books above are very good in my opinion.

Charles P.