Merrill, Jason wrote:
If that makes it so there would be too much code in one
class and the tasks so different, then they should be in separate
classes with events dispatched and listened to.

So you are basically saying that every single time you want to use something in another class, you should dispatch an event.

I say, that's obviously not correct and you agree with me here, using events for everything is stupid.

My view is that when a class provides some service for other classes, do use it.

Just remember who is responsible for what.