thanks Henrik,
are you saying that i need to create a custom event class and dispatch an event
from that class? otherwise how else could i attach the data to a dispatched
event?
or do you mean to dispatch an existing event type so when fired the
DocumentClass will go into the XMLLoaderClass and grab a public var containing
the data?
i have never dispatched events before, so i guess i'll have to look into it.
i have posted my two classes on pastebin to look at:
http://pastebin.com/m4ba8e745
cheers